Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Discouraging knitting day

My knitting skills moved to a new level last week. This gave me a sense of confidence that turns out is unfounded. Confidence swelling, I thought I'd take a swing at writing my first pattern. Big mistake. After five attempts, I gave up. Pattern writing put me in my rightful place and taught me to pace myself. This is what I love and hate about knitting: it's humbling, annoyingly humbling.  It was an iphone sock if you're interested.  Maybe I'll take another swing at it some time.

I needed a break from my Polly Jean socks.  They're semi-intense and tired me out a bit.  But I'll be back at them today because it's important to do a little bit everyday, otherwise I let my feelings of inadequacy fester and that's no fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment